Things to think about:
- Emergency contraception is not effective if a woman is already pregnant.
- Plan B One-Step® does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- As with any medication, there are possible side effects that include nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, and menstrual changes.
- Plan B One-Step® is not recommended for routine use as a contraceptive.
If you’re looking for a medical or non-surgical abortion in Kansas City by taking the abortion pill, come to Rachel House first. Our client advocates can provide the abortion education you need to make an informed decision. Before visiting an abortion clinic or getting any type of abortion, you will need to know:
- Am I really pregnant?
- How far along?
- Is the pregnancy active?
- Am I at risk for an STD? (which could impact the abortion)
Before you decide to have an abortion in Kansas City, Rachel House can help you understand your options. Make an appointment to speak with one of our client advocates about abortion methods, your personal situation and any questions you have. All services at Rachel House are free and confidential.
Free Pregnancy Tests and Ultrasounds
Before getting any type of abortion in Kansas City, you will need to verify that you’re pregnant. If you have pregnancy symptoms or have taken a test at home, it helps to have confirmation. Rachel House offers free pregnancy tests and ultrasound services.