When you visit Rachel House to discuss abortion options, we will help you:
- Confirm a positive pregnancy.
- Discuss your options.
- Provide a pre-requisite ultrasound.
- Discuss physical and emotional risks.
- Decide if an abortion is right for you.
Rachel House offers free and confidential services to help you in your personal situation. Make an appointment for a free pregnancy test before you decide. If you have a positive pregnancy test at Rachel House, you may qualify for a free ultrasound to determine the viability of your pregnancy.
Real Help and Real Answers
At Rachel House, we take time to educate you on all your options. If you are going to make the choice to have an abortion in Kansas City, you need to be aware of what is happening to your body. Make an appointment today to learn more about abortion procedures and your options.
Different Types of Abortion
Different abortion methods are used at different stages in pregnancy. One of our client advocates will fully explain each abortion option making sure you understand what could happen to you during an abortion so that you can make an informed decision.
Medical or non-surgical abortion uses RU486 or other types of abortion pills to terminate your pregnancy. This method of abortion is used for women to end a pregnancy through 70 days gestation (70 days or less since the first day of a woman’s last menstrual period) and involves 3 different office visits.
Medical abortion is not always an option and sometimes fails to work. In that event, a surgical procedure is necessary. Listed below are the most common types of surgical abortions performed in the first trimester.
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA): an abortion performed 3 -12 weeks since the last period. It is considered less invasive with only a local anesthesia.
- Dilation & Curettage (D & C): a surgical abortion procedure used up to 16 weeks gestation. It is also referred to as suction curettage or vacuum aspiration.
- Dilation & Evacuation (D & E): a surgical abortion procedure used after 16 weeks gestation.